Less antibiotics for pigs
Since 2009, there has been a change in the Netherlands with regard to the use of antibiotics in animal husbandry. Due to the change in legislation, the use of antibiotics in pig farming has decreased by more than 58% since 2009. Therefore, the agricultural entrepreneur has to look for alternatives to keep his animals healthy.
Good digestion is important for healthy pigs
The use of antibiotics on a pig farm is undesirable. The relationship between stocking density and health may be a direct consequence of increased infection pressure due to intensive contact between the animals. Viruses and infection spread quickly through the barn. Increased stress, reduced resistance and a poor climate can also lead to extra use of antibiotics. Because there is so much to do, there is not always time to give every pig the attention it deserves.
Antibiotic use often rises unnoticed
Do you keep track of your antibiotics use on your farm every week? Is it just the occasional pig that needs to be treated, or are there more of them every round? It is important to properly register the use of antibiotics and the reason for using them and to discuss this regularly with your veterinarian. Also check the water lines regularly, dirt can accumulate here and bacteria can easily spread through the water system.
Increased disease pressure leads to increased use of antibiotics
Contaminated water lines can change the taste of the water. Your pigs will drink less and ingest bacteria through the drinking water. If they also have an increased stomach pH due to stress, the natural barrier no longer works properly. Bacteria penetrate into the intestines and cause inflammation there.
These bacteria in the bloodstream cause weak animals, diarrhea, slow piglets and ultimately the use of antibiotics. Because the bacteria spread through the manure, the other pigs in the house also become ill. It is important to intervene in time to prevent worse
Acidified, clean drinking water prevents sick animals
Kanters has developed a drinking water supplement for clean drinking water and organic acid mixtures supplemented with minerals. Our buffered and unbuffered organic acid mixtures ensure a good level of acidity in the stomach and therefore good digestion. This increases the pigs’ resistance so they don’t get sick. This is the antibiotics reduction solution for every farm.
Tailor-made solutions for you as pig farmer
Powerful disinfectant for a hygienic clean result
- Removal of pollution and biofilm in drinking systems
- Optimal effect of medication, vaccines and additives through clean drinking systems
- Lower corrosivity than other disinfectants
- Environment friendly: dissolves in water and oxygen
- Supports natural gastric barrier
- Assists in better FCR by supporting digestion and utilization of nutrients
- Supports intestinal flora and gut function
- Stimulates the young animal in body development
Strong immune system
- Supports the immune system with zinc chelates
- Promotes recovery of gut health after periods of stress
- Supports the regenerative power of skin, cells and claws
- Contributes to litter size
- Decreases the pH value of the water
- Stimulates the production of digestive enzymes
- Promotes feed conversion
- Stimulates the bowel function
The solution for antibiotic reduction
Kanters has developed products for each animal species and housing environment to improve the health of your animals. Click below for more information on the products and download our research reports for more background information on their use and effect.