Zinc chelates ensure good intestinal health in piglets.
Healthy piglets do not need medication. Optimum intestinal health is crucial for using nutrients as efficiently as possible and building up a good immunity. As soon as piglets switch from liquid to solid feed, they develop intestinal problems resulting in diarrhea. Kanters has solutions for this.
A good intestinal health is important for healthy piglets
Weaning diarrhea is an intestinal disorder that usually occurs in the first week after weaning. It is accompanied by a dip in feed intake, growth retardation, diarrhea and sometimes mortality, which ultimately leads to economic losses. Piglets that have had severe weaning diarrhea will remain below weight target for the rest of their lives. In addition, it is highly contagious. Often entire pens are infected with major economic consequences. Good internal and external biosecurity is important.
How to recognise weaning diarrhea in the barn
When you walk around in the pens, you can easily recognise weaning diarrhea, slow piglets, thin yellow manure on the floor and on their butts. These problems are caused by the transition from liquid to solid food, which can cause the intestines to become inflamed by the bacteria present in the barn. The body protects itself by emptying the intestines, resulting in diarrhea.
Bacteria cause intestinal infections
Early weaning of the piglets often causes weaning diarrhea. The intestines have not yet developed enough and the piglets cannot process solid feed properly. Poor intestinal health ensures that bacteria can enter the body via the bloodstream, resulting in diarrhea.
The bacteria in the bloodstream result in weak animals, weaning diarrhea and ultimately in mortality. The intestines want to get rid of the bacteria as quickly as possible and the body clears this up with diarrhea. This can quickly lead to dehydration in the piglets, a rapid spread of the disease and high mortality.
Intesti-Forte ensures healthy intestines
Kanters has developed a drinking water supplement with zinc chelates supplemented with organic acids and vitamins. These zinc chelates ensure good intestinal health and are involved in many processes in the body. As a result, all nutrients are well absorbed and the piglets remain healthy. An advantage of liquid zinc chelates is that they are better absorbed in the body than zinc via the feed.
Tailor-made solutions for you as pig farmer
Powerful disinfectant for a hygienic clean result
- Removal of pollution and biofilm in drinking systems
- Optimal effect of medication, vaccines and additives through clean drinking systems
- Lower corrosivity than other disinfectants
- Environment friendly: dissolves in water and oxygen
- Supports natural gastric barrier
- Assists in better FCR by supporting digestion and utilization of nutrients
- Supports intestinal flora and gut function
- Stimulates the young animal in body development
Strong immune system
- Supports the immune system with zinc chelates
- Promotes recovery of gut health after periods of stress
- Supports the regenerative power of skin, cells and claws
- Contributes to litter size
- Positive effect on technical results
- Supports the immune system
- Lowers the pH value of the water
- Supports the utilization of nutrients
The solution to quickly reduce weaning diarrhea
Kanters has developed products for each animal species and housing environment to improve the health of your animals. Click below for more information on the products and download our research reports for more background information on their use and effect.