A high and reliable laying percentage
It remains a challenge to feed highly productive hens in the right way. Certainly in the starting period. It is wise to provide extra nutrients. Especially in periods when a sufficient uptake of amino acids, vitamins and minerals is difficult to achieve.
Good digestion is important for a high laying percentage
In the weeks preceding the peak in egg production, the hens must be provided with sufficient energy and nutrients for maintenance, growth in body weight and finally for the start of egg production. By guiding the young hens well in the start-up, the chance of getting a laying percentage above 90% is increased. Kanters has products that support the hens in this process.
Preventing a laying dip
Do you keep track of the laying percentage on your farm? Keeping daily records will help you to know how your birds are performing. A laying dip often follows the laying peak, the so-called post peak dip. The hens have given too much and fall into a negative energy spiral. This is often reflected in a low feed intake, fewer eggs and even mortality. It is important that the birds get all the nutrients out of the feed. It also helps if they get extra energy from the drinking water.
Low energy intake leads to a laying dip
Hens that end up in a negative energy spiral are often lethargic. They move less and you an increase of the mortality rate. Because the animals eat too little, they get too little energy which makes them listless and they will eat even less. This negative spiral must be broken.
The result of this dip in feed intake is a lower laying percentage, poor eggshell quality and a high mortality rate among hens. This costs money immediately. For parent stock, it can also be that the fertilisation rate and hatching rate will drop. Bad and unfertilised eggs cost money.
The right support at the right time increases the laying percentage
Clean drinking water ensures a good water intake which is important for every animal. Kanters has developed an organic acid, supplemented with amino acids, minerals and vitamins to prevent laying dips. Organic acids ensure a good digestion and the extra minerals, vitamins and amino acids ensure a healthy hen that consistently lays good quality eggs.
Tailored solutions for you as a poultry farmer
Nutritional energy boost
- Readily available energy
- Nutritional support for low feed intake
- Improved performance
- Supports start-up of the laying period
- Positive effect on technical results
- Supports the immune system
- Lowers the pH value of the water
- Supports the utilization of nutrients
Optimal calcium-phosphorus balance
- Supports eggshell quality
- Supports bone formation
- Stimulates protein digestion
- Positive effects on stomach and intestinal flora
- Supports natural gastric barrier
- Assists in better FCR by supporting digestion and utilization of nutrients
- Supports intestinal flora and gut function
- Stimulates the young animal in body development
Powerful disinfectant for a hygienic clean result
- Removal of pollution and biofilm in drinking systems
- Optimal effect of medication, vaccines and additives
- through clean drinking systems
- Lower corrosivity than other disinfectants
- Environment friendly: dissolves in water and oxygen
The solution for increasing the laying percentage in poultry
Whether it is about water hygiene, organic acids, feed supplements, chickpaper or feed preservation, we are happy to be of service. You can order our products easily by filling in the order form or by contacting us directly. We are also happy to help if you have any questions, need advice or more information.