Increased growth in pigs
The average growth of fattening pigs in the Netherlands was 810 grams per animal per day in 2017. The three most important points are the quality of the meat piglets, external and internal biosecurity and feed composition. The genetic potential of the pig must be optimally utilised to achieve these growth rates.
A good digestion is important for healthy pigs
Achieving optimal growth with your meat pigs is a great challenge. Good hygiene is an important success factor on farms that achieve 1000 grams of growth per animal per day. In addition, health, housing, climate and nutrition also play an important role. So there are plenty of challenges. Kanters can help you with this. By optimising digestion animals get all nutrients from their feed and achieve optimal growth.
Getting everything out of your fatteners.
Do you keep track of growth on your farm? When delivering the piglets and unloading the pigs, the pigs can be weighed on the tail lift. This already gives a lot of insight into the growth of the pigs. It is better to weigh the pigs on a weekly basis in order to gain insight into the growth curve and to identify points for improvement. High disease pressure and dirty drinking water can undermine growth.
Increased disease pressure leads to low growth
Contaminated water lines can change the taste of the water, animals drink less and ingest bacteria through the drinking water. If they also have an increased stomach pH due to stress, the natural barrier no longer functions properly. Bacteria penetrate into the intestines and cause inflammation there. The feed is not digested properly.
These bacteria in the bloodstream result in weak pigs, less feed intake and therefore lower growth. Because the bacteria spread through the manure, the other pigs in the shed also become ill. This can quickly lead to low growth or a high rejection rate at the slaughterhouse.
Acidified, clean drinking water increases growth
Kanters has developed a drinking water supplement for clean drinking water and organic acid mixtures supplemented with minerals. Our buffered and unbuffered organic acid mixtures ensure a good level of acidity in the stomach and therefore good digestion. This increases the absorption of nutrients and promotes good growth, which can go up to 1000 grams per animal per day.
Tailor-made solutions for you as pig farmer
Powerful disinfectant for a hygienic clean result
- Removal of pollution and biofilm in drinking systems
- Optimal effect of medication, vaccines and additives through clean drinking systems
- Lower corrosivity than other disinfectants
- Environment friendly: dissolves in water and oxygen
- Supports natural gastric barrier
- Assists in better FCR by supporting digestion and utilization of nutrients
- Supports intestinal flora and gut function
- Stimulates the young animal in body development
Strong immune system
- Supports the immune system with zinc chelates
- Promotes recovery of gut health after periods of stress
- Supports the regenerative power of skin, cells and claws
- Contributes to litter size
- Positive effect on technical results
- Supports the immune system
- Lowers the pH value of the water
- Supports the utilization of nutrients
The solution for increased growth
Kanters has developed products for each animal species and housing environment to improve the health of your animals. Click below for more information on the products and download our research reports for more background information on their use and effect.